7/22/2010

New Try

Good morning! I’m off for work in a bit but wanted to share the card I did last night first. Yeah, no date with hubby as planned. I got the migraine by lunch and went home and slept like a baby until late afternoon. We’ll make a new try tonight. Keep your fingers crossed nothing spoils this!!!

Enough of wining, and over to the card instead.

Thinking of You Hibiscus

Used lot’s of scraps on this one and coffee filters for the flowers – that was a first for me, but not the last!!! Tracy made a great flower tutorial over at the Prickley Pear blog  yesterday using coffee filters and the Hibiscus flower and leaf die. I had to try that.

Thinking of you Hibiscus detalI sprayed it with a mist of perfect pearls and vintage photo distress ink and it has a beautiful dimension and glimmer. Thanks Tracy, loved this!!!

The card is based on the fabbie sketch #73 over at Card Patterns. Isn’t it a great one!?!

Sooo keep your fingers crossed for good weather and a nice dinner at a fancy restaurant for me and hubby tonight! Have a great day!

Tesa

16 comments:

Olga Averyanova said...

Your card is so beautiful!

Maritha said...

Så flott, jag hittar aldrig så fina blommor. Ha en trevlig kväll!
Kram

Annika kort & gott said...

Vad trist att migränen satte stopp för planerna igår, men jag håller tummarna för att ni får en fin kväll idag istället.

Din tolkning av skissen är ursnygg, kortet är jättefint!
kram Annika

Monica said...

Vilket vackert kort! Och vad snygg blomman blev :-) Kram kram!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Bummer about your date night...hopefully you feel better the 2nd time around!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that card!!! That flower is AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Trinh said...

Ooh, what a gorgeous flower! I love your card!

li-bee-ti said...

This flower is stunning!
I would love to hear more about that coffee filters, sounds great idea.
I love your take on the sketch. Wo gentle and elegant.
I also love love love the soft colors! You're a real vintage girl!

li-bee-ti said...

Oh, sorry! The card was so stunning, that I forgot to say that I hope you finally went to your date with your husband.... Hope it turned out fab!

Jenny said...

So beautiful Tesa!! I love this!! Great great card :) :) :) :) :) Sorry about your date nite!

Rose said...

stunning!!! love the flower :) hope your feeling better girl

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! Your use of the monochromatic colour scheme and your handmade flower are lovely.
Anthea.

Agata said...

Too bad for the date with hubby... But your card and especially the flower, is gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial, will try that one, too! :)

Heather Rogers said...

Stunning creation! Love the coffee filter flower. I will definitely check that tutorial out. TFS!
Hope you got your date night with your hubby. :)
Thanks for playing at Card Patterns.

Sharanda said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Love the flower and the colors. A masterpiece!!

Irena said...

Amazing beautiful card.

Carolyn Ruiz said...

This is a beautiful card! I'm going to look into the coffee filter idea so thanks for the inspiration. Congrats on winning, too!