8/15/2010

Missing you

Hi!

This is my second post today. If you are here for my 365 cards  Super Sketchy Sunday post, scroll down, or click HERE. This post will have a little bit of wining (sorry!), a new card (which I loooove) and my first ever blogged card (which I don’t love as much but trust me, it could have been worse)…

Wining part… oh, well, I’m having a summer cold. And let me tell you some about summer colds. They are NOT FUN!!! And they seem to never end. That’s why it’s been awfully quiet here and why I haven’t visited my blogging friends. Sorry folks! Anyway, I woke up today without a headache and that is a relief. Which also meant I was able to make a card (and spend some time in front of the computer)! Yihaaa!!! And maybe it’s because I was so happy about sitting by my craft table again, I did a card I really, really like! And that is RARE! Here it is – all bluuuue!!!

Missing youUsed some embossing resist technique and look at the fabbie embellies – the crochet flower is made by Li-bee ti (I’ve been hoarding this one cause I loooove that color combo!!!) and the home made wrinkled ribbon  (which has a wonderful sent of something I can’t define) is a gift from Sherry. The card is based on the design of Card Pattern’s sketch #77.

I’m also entering it in .. wee Memories’ .. challenge #18 using brads, buttons and bling. I used pearl brads and a lot of stickles.

Now over to the first card I ever put up on my blog. You should all blame Amy, who has challenged her blog readers to bring up the history… So, this one is my first ever card on my blog, dating back almost exactly three years, August 14th 2007.

RAK-IreneIt’s a RAK for my friend Irene and I had made paper roses for the first time, just like the ones I used on the wedding card last month.  I remember I was mighty happy with it… LOL!!!

Have a great Sunday folks!

Tesa

14 comments:

li-bee-ti said...

What a stunning card, Tesa!!! I told you you're my "blue queen"! :)
You'll make me like this funny Tilda in the end.... LOL
I love what you did to the edges.

li-bee-ti said...

Oh, forgot to say:
GET WELL SOON!!!

li-bee-ti said...

Well, well, I keep forgetting to say everything I want.. LOL so here it's me again:
I'm so happy you used my crochet flower!!! And for that you deserve a prize like I promised you - you'll get much more ot them! LOL

Unknown said...

hope you're over the ick soon. and totally lovin' that card!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Oh Tesa sorry to hear that you have a cold. I know how bad those can be.
Love the new card and that resist technique is fabulous as is that cute crocheted flower.
Your first posted card looks fabulous ~ because we know you had a good laugh when you saw mine.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh I hope you feel better!! I love love love that card!!! All the YUMMY BLUE and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the layered flower!!! And I like your first card too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Gorgeous card! I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for playing along us at Wee Memories. :)

Anita Rex said...

Love the blues to this card! Stunning! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories! Great card!

Rose said...

oh i hope your feeling better soon. beautiful card!! you know i think we all need to put our heads together and come up with a way to "pay back" Amy {snicker}

Laurel said...

Beautiful card, love the blues! thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

Court said...

Oh my Heavens, she is cute cute cute! Thanks for joining us over at Wee Memories!

~amy~ said...

okay, first of all, hope that you're feeling better...I seemed to have some type of cold thing going on during my vaca...boooooo!

Good grief, I LOVE your blue card...excellente...gorgeous...perfect!

LOL...thanks sooo much for playing along in my Flashback Friday challenge!!!!! We started blogging in the same year! Leave it to you to be making your own blooms way back then...ahead of the curve my friend...you are a trendsetter!!!! You gotta admit that it is fun to look back when you first started this whole blogging adventure...it IS so much fun, isn't it? Who would have thought that blogging would be such a connection to bring so many people together...I LOVE it!

Thanks for playing along Tesa!!!

Alison H said...

great coloring. Tilda looks so cute!

Jana said...

Your Tilda is beautiful. So very soothing. And your first card is elegant in its simplicity. It's great seeing all the first cards.