8/23/2010

My home town (or what?)

Happy Monday folks! We have a sunny and bright morning here today and that feels great after quite some time with gloomy weather. I have a layout to share today. It’s been in my head for almost a month – ever since GCD Studios posted their home town challenge and Page Maps blog a great multi photo sketch. It’s the perfect match. I’ve only waited for the right time to take my son and the camera on a bike tour to document this place. Cause it is nothing I’ve ever documented before. This is not a beautiful little town in any way (not like my childhood place. *sniff*). There are a few nice sceneries, but in fact it’s a rather dull place… LOL! So it was fun to take photos which would never ever have been taken other wise of the important landmarks for our family.

Bo i Forshaga All the patterned papers are from  GCD Studios – Ava Collection and the flower stamps are from the Clearly Beautiful Hibiscus set from Prickley Pear.  Here is the beautiful sketch Page Maps:

I struggled with the title! What do you call the town where you’ve lived for the past ten years but still don’t call your “home town” cause that will forever be exclusive for the place where you grew up? I don’t know, really. I finally decided on the diplomatic title: Living in Forshaga. It’s not that I don’t like it here, it’s just that I could easily move to any other place in not too far a distance from my job if I found I new house that I liked. I love my house, and find the town ok. LOL!

Take care and thanks for stopping by!

Tesa

8 comments:

li-bee-ti said...

Well, it is beautiful! You've made it so...
I love this lo. I love the colors, I love the atmosphere of it.
As for what you wrote on your post, I can understand you perfectly....I feel the exactly the same.
Lots of hugs!

Maritha said...

Så trevligt... du kan ju verkligen ge insperation. Det skulle vara kul att få ihop något från den ort du växt upp i. Får väl ge mig ut med kameran. Har ju varit borta några dagar och migränen har haft dig i sitt grepp och ändå har du gjort så mycket fint. Du ska veta att jag beundrar dig!!
Kram kram kram kram

Ulrika said...

Ja du din tokiga scrappare ... i jämförelse med dig så scrappar alla andra i snigelfart! Herregud människa - hur hinner du med? Layouten är helt underbar, för att inte tala om tomten på kortet nedanför. Jag blir kär! :) Kram på dig!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! This is AMAZING!! I love love love love love the colors and you pulled off all those photos so wonderfully!!! And the title would have been hard for me too... since I still call NY home and Arizona just the place I live!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

~amy~ said...

wow tesa....gorgeous work...you did a magnificent job!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Tess this is beautiful and I love the colors. You know I love that Hibiscus stamp and die and it is on my want list.
Maybe a title could of been "almost home".

Linda said...

Skønne farver og et rigtig flot LO - jeg tror jeg vil prøve den skitse:0)

Irena said...

Awesome page. Gorgeous details. I like the colors.