9/15/2010

Beautiful Lurö

Hi!!! Happy Wednesday!!! We have a wonderful sunny autumn day here. The sun sure cheers one up!!! (And some pretty exciting news I just got by mail sure helps too!!! But schhhhh – it’s a secret for a month or two…)

I have a layout and a couple of quick boxes to share today. The layout is about my workplace’s summer conference retreat place in the archipelago. For several years we used to end the school year with a trip to Lurö where we worked some, and had fun some (or much!!!). I wanted to save the feeling of these wonderful summer days we used to have there in this layout.

LuröI used a beautiful Websters’ Pages paper that I’ve been hoarding. But for this mission it was perfect, with lots of blue for the water and sky, and hints of red perfect for the red housed and light house on the island. 

I based the design on the sketch #121 from Creative scrappers. It’s a beautiful one as you can see!!! Loved using it!

I'm also working on getting my scrappy life organized. I’m not doing that well… But some times it’s the effort that counts. REALLY! So to get some structure in my card making and card storage I did two simple card boxes (I’ve done these before, but never kept one for my self…). They are made in like ten minutes, then you decide how much time you spend on decorating. I didn’t do much of that. I design for two stamp companies, and these are for storage of my cards that are to be sent off to them. Hence I used some of my fav stamps from either company on the boxes.

First up is The Rubber Café Box:

Låda TRC And next is Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps:

Låda PPRS You can find the tutorial for the box on The Rubber café blog HERE. And if you use the Ultimate Top Score board, HERE is the tutorial for you. (And there you can see my first take on the box too!!!)

Thanks so much for stopping by!!!!

Tesa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

wowee.. love love your projects. Love your LO. Love the choice of blue, all the elements and pics. :)
Love your box projects and how you decor them. Beautiful :)

~amy~ said...

You are soo amazing tesa...everything you do is simply gorgeous...your layout is wow...and your boxes are fabulous...love all the colors you always use....

Sherry Eckblad said...

Not fair Tesa teasing us about happy mail one ~ two months in advance. :(
Love the layout and those two card boxes are truly amazing. I always love everything you create.

Maritha said...

Jättefint LO, vilken fin miljö och du har fått fram det så otroligt fint. Som du säkert förstår så gillar jag "boxarna", fick inspiration att göra en själv. Du är så duktig på att inspirera.
Kram

Linda said...

Et rigtig fint LO, smukke farver og rigtig mange fine ´ting du har sat på :0) Dine æsker er også fine. Kan du forsat have en god uge :0)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are GORGEOUS Tesa! I love love love love those photos and flowers...and those boxes are AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Irena said...

The page is gorgeous. The papers that you have used are very beautiful.

The boxes are wonderful, I like them very much.

Sending you lots of smiles :)

Cornelia said...

Helt underbar LO! Boxarna är också fina, såklart!

Cornelia said...

Helt underbar LO! Boxarna är också fina, såklart!

Sara said...

Vilka underbara boxar!:) Vill också göra en men har ingen scorpal...kan man göra den ändå? :)

Kram Sara

li-bee-ti said...

Tesa, this lo is breathtaking!!! The phots are enchanting and you've done a great job on the sketch (I've thinking to scrap it too!).
I love love love those boxes!!!! I must try and make one (or some) myself. Is it that simple like you wrote?
Adorable!