10/01/2012

Rose Canvas

Hi! Happy Monday! Hope you had a lovely weekend!

I had my BFF visiting with her man for a couple of days and we had so much fun. I feel so refreshed after a few good meals, many laughs and lots of love that I start this new week (which has a CRAZY schedule) with a smile on my face. :) Wish she lived closer!

I have a canvas to share today. I did it for The Rubber Cafe last week.

Canvas 1

I had some serious fun with the large Wild Rose stamp. It’s a beauty!!!! I had this idea of making a set of two canvases – the canvas missing was decorated with the rest of the rose and a big beautiful sentiment. It was a good idea until I spilled a cup of tea over the other part. So a solitaire it is.

I used some vintage newspaper, gesso, modeling paste and You’re so fine glitter in layers. I did some splashing too. :)

Canvas 7

The sentiment is from Fabulous Phrases and is framed by a Tim Holtz metal frame.

Have a wonderful day and thank you soooo much for stopping by!!!

Tesa

6 comments:

yyam said...

The lone canvas still looks lovely. Love the shimmer on it. :)

Audrey Pettit said...

So glad you had some girlfriend time this weekend, Tesa! There's nothing better. :) And I'm sorry you spilled tea on the one canvas. But the remaining one is stunning all its own. Really love the layers of color and love the text print peeking through the flower. The metal sentiment plate is beautiful, too.

craftieodmae said...

glad you had a wonderful weekend! Your creation is gorgeous!!

~amy~ said...

girl time is always good, eh?

Love your canvas...it is really gorgeous! I love being able to see the text....ugh on the spillage of tea...perhaps you can rescue it?

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww!! This is BEAUTIFUL!! I love love love love that flower and the metal embellie!!!!

Laurel said...

This is just so stunning!